Thursday, January 5, 2012

Holiday Cards

Happy new year everyone! I am a little late getting back into the swing of things on the blog-o-sphere but I am excited to share with you some of the projects that I did before Christmas. We were successful in having a hand-made or bought locally Christmas and I have to say it felt good. The first project I'd like to share is our Christmas card. This is one of a few linocut themed projects I did this year. If you enjoy carving and stamping then this is for you! I discovered that if I sketched my design on tracing paper first, flipped it over, pressed it onto the linocut plates [thick rubberish sheets] and rubbed my hand over it, the design transfered perfectly. You then use a linocut knife to carve away the negative areas, the parts that you don't want to be inked.



1 comment:

Sarah Hart said...

These are lovely :)