Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Adjustable Apron Tutorial

I pinned this apron project a while ago and have been anxiously waiting for some spare time to make it. Well Sunday morning I found the time. The tutorial can be found here. I followed the instructions step by step and found it very straight forward and really enjoyable to make!


























I had just enough fabric left over from my accent pillow case project so all i had to pick up was approximately 3 yards of natural cotton ribbon.






























The sewing techniques used in the project were very straight forward. And the whole project took only a couple of hours [I think it will take less time when I tackle the project again].



































I love the finished product! The apron is designed to be unisex (probably a little too flowery for Dave) so I simply folded the "skirt" portion up and tied the ribbon in the front. The pocket portion is so cute and you could really design it to your own needs. Skinnier  pockets for pencils or spoons, one big pocket or none at all!

There was something about putting on the apron that made me want to bake and bake and bake. A batch of blueberry muffins and biscotti later I can't say enough great things about this Apron project. Thanks Purlbee!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Loooove the hair! And the apron, of course!