I have always really liked this piece. Makes me think that it would be fun to illustrate a cookbook.
- 1 cup butter, softened 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.