Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Scribbles & Ink

I mentioned last week that I was going to be attending a calligraphy workshop. The workshop had just the effect I hoped it would! I left feeling completely inspired and itching to play with the ink and various sized nibs. Calligraphy is definitely NOT as easy as it looks. I am having fun getting a feel for pen, developing my own style all while trying not to drag my left hand over the wet ink (calligraphy is also a bit trickier for us lefty's). Our wonderful workshop host, Micheline said something early on in the morning that stuck with me. She said that to practise she would chose one word a day and write it again and again. I love this idea and am going to challenge myself to choosing a word a week which I will share! (pressure is on). Below are a few of my scribbles that I did when I got home from the workshop! Thanks again to Andrea at Inkwell and Micheline of Betty & Bing!



No comments: