Wednesday, April 25, 2012

In the Kitchen with Lamb



























I mentioned last week that I would like to start incorporating kitchen adventures (baking, cooking, etc.) onto Half Sweet soooo here it goes! I love to cook and bake. I also love food photography and styling. I hope to get better at both so I am very excited to start sharing some of my favourite recipes! This recipe, Slow Cooked Lamb with Lemon and Oregano, came from the April issue of Martha Stewart and I decided to make it for our Easter Dinner. We love lamb but I had never cooked it before so I made sure to read and re-read the recipe a few times so I knew what I was getting into. It seemed very straight forward... and it was! The potatoes may have stolen the show... totally infused with the lemon and oregano marinade, they were delish! To keep with the greek theme I made Baklava for dessert, honey, nutty, layered pastry goodness! I used this recipe and after reading a few of the comments I made a bit more of the syrup than the recipe called for and I am very glad I did.




1 comment:

Jennifer Wellsman said...

Mmmmm! Looks delicious. I'll be adding this to my recipes to try. Love the pictures! x